Sometimes, the problem isn’t that you’re incapable of going after what you want, or that you’re being held back by some other force beyond your control. Sometimes, the biggest issue in your life is that you’re more comfortable playing small even though you know you’re capable of a lot more. Here, the telltale signs you’re… Continue reading 8 Signs You’re Not Stuck, You’re Just More Comfortable Playing Small
Good morning guys, trust your night and weekend was great. Welcome to a week of productivity and results. I was going through my pad and sae this old post I initially wanted to post but probably forgot. It's a post originally written by Brianna Weist 1. Be with people you can be honest around, or… Continue reading 10 Practical Ways To Stop Involving Yourself With Negative Things
1. You stop assuming what you lose is for the worst. I just realized that I lost my favorite book of all time. I’ve had it for two years. The pages are barely hanging on by threads, and it’s filled with notes and thoughts and underlined sentences and paragraphs. I’m pretty sure I left it… Continue reading Ways To Make Peace With The Things You Can’t Change
There are many conversations to be had in the wake of Robin Williams’ death. About the perils of depression; the silent weight of scrutiny that’s internalized when we treat famous people like characters, not humans; and the love a generation could have for a man, though we hadn’t taken a moment to discuss him until… Continue reading Repost: How Many Celebrity Tragedies Before We Understand That Fame And Money Don’t Mean Happiness?
The feeling of being “inspired” is very often just finding something brilliant, and trying to emulate it. The rush and desire makes us manic and driven because we think we are actively becoming greater than ourselves. We find something we perceive as so great, we want others to perceive us – our take, our idea,… Continue reading Don’t Wait To Be Inspired, Don’t Only Act On Passion
1. That humans are a self-healing species. 2. The infinitude of people wiser and more talented than I, because of whom I will always be able to learn more, see differently, understand better, and generally be entertained. 3. That anytime something hasn’t worked out the way I wanted it to initially, something better did. Always.… Continue reading Things I Am Grateful For Today (And Always)
By: Brianna Weist I recently watched (and some of you may be familiar with) a set of social experiments in which a group of men and then a group of women agreed to go on a date with a person they met on Tinder – a model, who would be in a fat suit when… Continue reading Watch: Why Women Are More Anxious Than Men
Being creative is as innate to being human as eating, talking, walking and thinking is. It has always been a process we naturally prioritize; our ancestors somehow found time to carve their images and stories on cave walls. But we’ve mistakenly grown to regard it as some form of luxury – you’re lucky if you… Continue reading The Inherent Meditation Of Creativity
If we could see souls instead of bodies, what would be beautiful? What is the first thing people would know about you? What would you be most afraid of them seeing? Who would you impress? Who would you love? What would you adjust as you walked past the mirror? What kind of work would you… Continue reading What If We Saw Souls Instead Of Bodies?
1. Count how many times you’ve really been happy after you got something you thought you wanted. What happened after you got the relationship you were lusting after? What happened after you got that job? What happened when you made more money? Chances are, things were different, but proportionately good and bad. 2. Make a… Continue reading Ways To Stop Worrying About How Your Life Looks And Start Focusing On How It Feels
1. You generally spend more time thinking about your life than you do actually living it. You spend more time dissecting problems than you do coming to solutions, more time daydreaming than you do asking yourself what those thoughts indicate is lacking or missing in your waking life, or coming up with new solutions as… Continue reading The Only Problem With Your Life Is The Way You Think About It
It was a long holiday this week celebrating Sallah for my Muslim brethren in my country and the world. When the federal government decides to give everyone a big break. In the space of the break, I became lazy to write anything, even thinking of what to write became a problem. But I got motivated… Continue reading Things That Occur When You Love What You Do But You Don’t Live To Work
1. You generally spend more time thinking about your life than you do actually living it. You spend more time dissecting problems than you do coming to solutions, more time daydreaming than you do asking yourself what those thoughts indicate is lacking or missing in your waking life, or coming up with new solutions as… Continue reading Repost: 15 Signs The Only Problem With Your Life Is The Way You Think About It
Originally from Brianna Weist 1. Count how many times you’ve really been happy after you got something you thought you wanted. What happened after you got the relationship you were lusting after? What happened after you got that job? What happened when you made more money? Chances are, things were different, but proportionately good and… Continue reading 16 Ways To Stop Worrying About How Your Life Looks And Start Focusing On How It Feels
After getting in touch with one of my great writers "Brianna Weist" I decided to repost one of her greatest write up. 1. If society had a mantra, it would be: “Be yourself… No, not like that!” We encourage people to be their authentic selves, and at the same time, we are even more adamant… Continue reading Repost: 8 Reasons It’s So Hard To Be Genuine In A Society That’s Uncomfortable With Radical Honesty