This year I will be interviewing upcoming young CEO’s about how they started, the journey, and challenges starting their businesses. Also, motivating others to do what they love.
Am honoured to have this interview with our guest. She’s bright, loving, charming, beautiful, in all she represents her business well. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Adaobi Jennifer Ifeadi.
1. Tell us a bit about your background, school, and Where were you born? · My name is Adaobi Jennifer Ifeadi. I am from Anambra state. I was born in Makurdi, Benue State Nigeria. I Got my first degree from the European university of LEfke Cyprus, and second degree from university of Northampton (Both MA and BA in International Relations).
2. How was life growing up?
· Life growing up in benue state was interesting as I got to learn how to speak tiv and idoma language, also learnt their cultures and ate their food. This didn’t affect my mother tongue and heritage anyway, as I spoke and still speak igbo language very well, and cook varities of igbo soup like bitter leaf soup, ofe oha, ofe nsala, etc..
3. At what age in your life did you decide you wanted to go into the organic products business?
· I decided to go into producing organic products at age 22.
4. How do you cope running a fast growing organic business
· I manage well as I currently have two staffs helping me grow my company.
5. Is being a CEO a burden or a blessing or a bit of both?
· Let’s just say running your own business can be fun and challenging at the same time. Because there are days when you will feel like throwing in the towel and getting a 9-5. But in times like this you just have to keep pushing and focus on why you started in the first place.
6. What challenged have you had to as a business owner?
· So far there has been so many challenges. One of which is being able to get an experienced staff. I basically have to teach them everything and if they leave I start afresh with another person.
7. In your opinion, what is the most difficult part about organic hair creams, Beard oils, etc..
· For me producing it can be fun and exciting, almost the same feel I get when I’m cooking. However challenges includes buying some materials from the abroad as I may not be able to find it here in Nigeria and having to wait weeks sometimes months before I can receive them.
8. What’s the weirdest thing a customer/ staff has ever told you?
· A customer crediting my account with a rather large some of money after my products worked for her and her daughter and she prayed for me and my business. It’s a good kinda weird.
9. Your business confident is so bold, do you sometimes have the fear of the unknown?
· If you must be a business owner, you must be bold enough and ready for troubles and challenges. Once I take it all up to God in prayer, I keep going and pushing no matter what.
10. Which other professional are you looking to work with or have something coming out with?
· I’m looking at becoming a politician. Therefore encouraging other Nigerian women to become active in political issues.
11. You were recently interviewed on an international cable news channel. What was it like seeing yourself on TV?
· Although I have been interviewed about my business on local Nigerian news channels, It was an exciting experience been shown and exposed on an international platform with CGTN.
12. How the people react, especially your friends and family.
· Up till today people still walk up to me to ask if I’m Dobi’s organics because its still been aired repeatedly on DSTV
13. If you had a chance to work with one person in the world, who would it be?
14. What are your top 3 points in your note or pad that you always reflect on?
· To always read books, make research, and take classes for business and pernal growth. Because change is constant.
15. What motivates you?
· The thought that I want to be better, do better, and always excel in everything that I do.
16. What advice would you give to unmotivated and non inspired people around the world. Please explain???
· Believe in yourself and put God first in all that you do because with God, all things are possible.
17. What’s next for Jennifer?
· I’m going to keep pushing till Dobi’s Organics becomes a household beauty product both on a local and international level.
Guys I have tested and used her products, and I must say it works perfectly fine.
Example showed in the picture below…
Make sure you order yours now. Don’t worry thank me later when that Beard starts growing, or when you start glowing with dobis organic products.
You can follow dobis organics on Instagram: @dobisorganics or WhatsApp for your orders: +2348146905425
We appreciate your time doing this interview with us, making room for us with your busy schedule.
Thank you very much.