The first time I met this woman of substance was back then at the university. She was a professional dancer and actor on stage. Now she’s a renowned relationship coach on Instagram. She is the spokesperson and owner of “relationship talk with abilight”.
She’s married and a mother of 3 beautiful children. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Mrs. Abigail Ajayi.
1. Tell us a bit about your background, school, and were you born?
- My name is Abigail Ajayi, I am from the western part of Nigeria. I grew up in a family of 6. I had most of my education in Nigeria. I am an alumnus of the prestigious Redeemer’s University where I studied Theatre Arts. I am presently running my Master’s program in Paris, France.
2. How was life growing up?
- I would say it was fun especially as the only daughter. You can imagine how it felt growing up among 3 soldiers.
Me: Laughs!!! I can imagine
3. At what age in life did you decide to become a relationship coach?
- Well, I didn’t decide to be a relationship coach, but experiences from my teenage and adolescent years where I saw some of my friends face relationship challenges which I had to help resolve stirred up my counseling dreams. Toward the end of the year 2017, I was led in my spirit to start the relationship talk. Taking this decision was not so easy, but as Relationship talk with Abilight is a ministry initiated by God, He made all things work seamlessly.
4. How do you cope with running a fast-growing relationship coaching platform?
- It’s my passion and a lifestyle so there is nothing to cope. I find joy in what I do.
5. Is being a CEO a burden or a blessing or a bit of both?
- It’s being a blessing, never has it been a burden because I feel it’s a privilege to be a blessing to people.
6. What challenged have you experienced as a relationship coach?
- Ensuring I do as I preach, also coaching someone who reached out for change but refuses to change.
7. In your opinion, what is the major problem couples face during marriage/relationship?
- The major problem in marriage/ relationship is lack of true love, if we love ourselves the way God has orchestrated love, marriage will work perfectly. Where love reigns, submission will be easy, where love reigns Peace reigns…
- Secondly, I will say lack of communication.
8. What’s the weirdest thing a follower has ever told you?
- Hmm, requesting to be taught how to seduce his own mother (incest) Me: What a hilarious person. I can imagine the kind of weird things you hear during your sessions online.
9. Your videos and presentation confidence are so bold, do you sometimes have the fear of the unknown?
- Fear of the unknown no… God has been my strength so far…
10. You’ve been married for close to 6-7 years now if am correct. What have been the driving force to your successful marriage?
- GOD, I can’t over emphasis Him. He forever will remain my reference.
11. You have featured mothers and other personalities on your platform. Which professional do you seriously look at to work with or have something coming out with?
- I’ll say a professional marriage counselor who has very good experience in counseling and also a psychologist to speak enormously on depression as it’s an issue a lot of young people face especially after encountering relationship challenges.
12. What are your top 3 points in your note or pad that you always reflect on a daily basis?
- Never considering myself as a failure.
- Becoming a better ME daily
- Impacting the world in my own little way. I sincerely believe I don’t need to be the president before I can implement change… The change could be implemented from you as an individual.
13. You studied Theater arts at the university. What drove you to switch from that profession to become a relationship coach?
- *smiling* well I didn’t switch like you think, my career as a relationship coach is complemented by my training as a thespian. Being able to communicate with people and passing my message to the world on live tv to me is part of acting. I will also add that as a relationship coach I can streamline what I want my audience to hear at any particular time.
14. What advice would you give to those women who are depressed on not getting married in time, and those who are facing one problem or the other in their marriages?
- My advice to women who are depressed about not getting married in time; please don’t get tired of praying. One thing I realize in life is at times God keeps us away from danger without our knowledge and we blame Him for it.
- Work on yourself as an individual, at times we might be our own problem. Beauty could help you get a relationship but the character keeps you in that relationship.
- The purpose of marriage is to reflect the relationship of the Godhead and to serve him. But when you don’t even have the opportunity to serve God what’s the essence of it. So, people will tell me there are marriages working perfectly without God involved, hmmm my brother/sister it will tell with time. Am a kingdom bearer and I talk from that perspective.
- I can’t over emphasis prayer in marriage. When there is an issue in your home, try to settle it both physically and spiritually. Often run back to your Heavenly Father to take charge and speak to His son/ daughter. He alone knows how to speak to a child.
- Lastly, Patience is key. In as much as it’s not an abusive relationship, be patient!
15. Also, what advice would you give to unmotivated and non-inspired people around the world who are tired of life, especially ladies.
- No one is useless. Life or experience is a teacher… do not get discourage even in that situation. One driving force that pushes me is a NEW day. I believe a new day brings new blessing. Always remember you ain’t useless! Often remember you are wonderfully made by the most high, So one driving force we all must have is the Holy Spirit. If you haven’t encountered Him, ensure you do today.
- You shall make it, never retire today! Be a vision on a mission!
16. What’s next for Abigail Ajayi?
- *smile* a lot but right now I just launched my new brand, LIGHT EXQUISITE FUNCTIONS: it’s an event management brand. She was born out of necessity and me exploring my creativity. You can follow me on my IG page @lightexquisitefunctions and @relationshiptalkwithabilight.
We should be the one thanking you for creating time from your busy schedule.
- Thanks so much Mr Femi Johnson.
If you want to know more about Abigail Ajayi or you find yourself having issues in your relationship or marriage. Folllow Abigail @relationshiptalkwithabilight
Till next time, do have a wonderful day!!!