Have you been feeling guilty recently?
Or perhaps for a very long time?
Maybe you’ve done something you regret, something awful even.
Or maybe you are just tired of feeling shamefaced all the time.
You’re going to get really good at this. The more you practice reframing your thoughts about your relationships, the more enchanting you will become.
The process goes something like this:
- First ask yourself, “Should I really feel guilty about this?”
- Question the motivations of the person placing guilt on you. Was it about their needs or yours?
- If you are at fault, do something about it. Make it up to the person if you can. And move on.
- It’s not the end of the world if you lose a relationship with someone who doesn’t care about you or won’t forgive you.
- Use the experience as a learning opportunity to make yourself a better person.
And remember this, you gorgeous person–the best cure for guilt is to the become the highest version of yourself, not of someone else!
Thank you Tami Green for these wonderful points.
Image credit: Pinterest