1. You can’t celebrate your success because you think that there’s still more to accomplish or that you’re not as successful as you should be.
2. You blame yourself for every bad thing that happened in your life without considering external factors or other people involved.
3. When you examine yourself, you only see your flaws and your shortcomings and feel incompetent.
4. You still have a lot of regrets from the past that you can’t get over or let go of and you’re always imagining how your life would be if you made wiser or better decisions.
5. You feel like you don’t deserve unconditional love because you’re struggling to love yourself and you don’t see why anyone would either.
6. It’s harder for you to accept compliments or praise because you’re always thinking about how far you still need to go instead of how far you’ve come.
7. You’re scared of opening up to people or letting people in because you don’t think anyone will stay with you once they get to know the real you.
8. You’re always doing things for people and overwhelming yourself because you feel guilty when you say no and you think people will hold it against you.
9. Because you always want to be better or more accomplished, you don’t always feel good enough about yourself and it takes a toll on your self-esteem.
10. You don’t know how to be kind to yourself. You don’t know how to relax, how to praise yourself, how to give yourself a pat on the back or how to forgive yourself.
11. You tend to worry too much and think of the worst outcome for a situation because your mind is programmed to pick the hardest battle.
12. You give people a chance to mistreat you or criticize you a lot because you’re already self-critical so when someone confirms it in any way, you don’t really stand up for yourself.
13. You have trouble sleeping at night because you over think everything, which is why you’re always fatigued or cranky.
14. You think being hard on yourself pushes you forward but it’s actually holding you back because you can’t appreciate the good things about you and you hold on to the thoughts that bring you down.
15. Sometimes you expect people to be hard on you too, so you let them get away with hurting you.